If you have a significant amount of weight to lose, trying to do it on your own can seem overwhelming. At the UCLA, we offer the expertise, support and education you need to get you back on the road to health.
Our facilities are considered among best in the U.S., and our multidisciplinary team offers both surgical and nonsurgical options for weight loss. Our expert doctors and staff work with you to determine the best options for you and your unique health needs.
Learn more about the UCLA Bariatric Surgery in Los Angeles, California and our comprehensive approach to weight loss.
Weight Loss at UCLA
At COMET, our team includes experts from every medical specialty connected to obesity and weight loss. We all work together to design the safest, most effective individual treatment plan for you.
If bariatric surgery isn’t the best option for you, we offer additional supervised weight loss programs to help you reach your optimal weight and health goals. These programs feature:
- High success rates: Our patient satisfaction rates are over 95 percent thanks in part to our proven record for weight loss and our low complication and readmission rates.
- The latest surgical and nonsurgical weight loss treatments: Our specialists are some of the top obesity researchers in the U.S., actively discovering and offering new obesity treatments.
- Leaders in nonsurgical weight loss: The UCLA Medical Weight Management Program (formerly RFO) was one of the first university programs to perform research and use very low calorie diets and prescription appetite-suppressants to treat severe obesity.
- Comprehensive care: For more than twenty-five years, the UCLA Medical Weight Management Program has been helping patients lose weight without surgery through improved diet, physical activity, behavior modification and long-term support even after you reach your desired weight.
Nonsurgical Weight Management Services at UCLA
We offer successful, nonsurgical weight loss programs overseen by experts within our multidisciplinary team, including:
- Supervised weight loss program with a surgical dietitian: For patients who need to lose weight before undergoing bariatric surgery
- Clinical Nutrition Clinic: our team of physicians are available for consultations on a variety of nutritional conditions such as weight management, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, cancer nutrition.
- Healthier Weight Management Program: The Healthier Weight Management Program is an ongoing 8-week webinar series designed and led by UCLA physicians and dietitians to promote lifestyle modifications for long-term weight management.
- UCLA Medical Weight Management Program: This is a medically-supervised weight loss and weight management program involving a multidisciplinary team of physicians, dietitians, nurses, and therapists/psychologist.
- COMET Nutrition: The Center for Obesity and METabolic Health (COMET) at UCLA is dedicated to advancing research and providing specialized clinical care in the areas of obesity and metabolic health. Physicians who specialize in non-surgical weight loss are available for consultations.
To schedule a consultation with UCLA Bariatric Surgery in Los Angeles, California, call us at (310) 825-7163 or
fill out our online form >
*Weight loss results can vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific results. Read full disclaimer >